Thursday, March 6, 2014

List O' Props V2

Original text saved for posterity
It literally blows my mind that my team mates don't think I've contributed this semester, alas I guess i just have to do more. To start off this post is the news dispenser I just recently finished.  With the news dispenser instead of trying to use separate materials to obtain the dirty look i used grunge brushes. I like the look so much I'm considering redoing alot of my other props so they all have that nice and dirty feel. From the news dispenser we go into the thrown weapons the slushie and tiki torch these both were completed over winter break. Then to end we have various road props for the police car i plan on dirtying it up a bit, and changing the shape to fit a basic sedan. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I will rate each prop as my reflection and maybe write a small summary.

News Dispenser 

My last and frankly best prop for EE the pun was double edged , the texture was nearly perfect. 9/10 



Police Car

Police car learning experience, Instead of unwrapping the whole object i experimented with just unwrapping one side and mirroring it over. This worked for most of the texture, now i know that i need to detach and unwrap things separately if i want them to have text or a logo. If i don't it will end up flipped up side down.  7/10



Slushie

The slushie was one of the throwables that i finished over winter break out of boredom. Sadly neither of them have been implemented in the build. The model was perfect for its purpose and the texture does its job.  8/10


Tiki

The tiki torch was the second throwable that i finished over winter break.  6/10 The model was fine the texture could have used some work.




Road Closed

The road closed sign was a fun prop to work with, the model and texture were both okay. I think the only that would have made this model better would have been a particle effect on the reflective swirl.  7/10

Traffic Cone

The traffic cone was a very simple model it's purpose was just to fill space. 5/10




Fire Hydrant

The fire hydrant was one of my more ambitious small props, it was a simple texture and model but i remeber enjoying this prop.  6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment